Celebrate the magic of American Girl onstage! All shows and rehearsals will be held at the legendary Capri Theater in Minneapolis. The shows will be held Friday, March 8 – Sunday, March 10, 2013, and rehearsals will be held Sunday, February 24 and Saturday, March 2, 2013.
MODEL APPLICATIONS - FULL, no model spots remain
GUEST MODEL APPLICATIONS - CLOSED
Please note that the model application fee is due at the time of your application submission. You will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours of submitting the model application.
- Models are typically between the ages of 5 and 12 with an emphasis on size 6X and 10.
- Models will walk in one show and are guaranteed one outfit.
- Models will be dressed and given matching dolls to walk the runway. Both the clothing and dolls must be returned at the end of the performance.
- Models are required to attend a dress rehearsal. The outfit will be fitted, choreography learned, and date/show time confirmed at this point.
- Models may be required to supply footwear and accessories. Due to bright stage lights, we request that girls wearing pajamas for the show also wear a slip.
- Photography and Videography Policy:
- There is NO photography and NO videography allowed during rehearsal or the show. This is for the safety of the models when they walk the runway.
- Each model will have the opportunity to get her picture taken by a professional photographer at the show. We guarantee individual model photos and sibling model photos with the matching doll. Due to limited time, friend photos cannot be guaranteed.
- The Friday evening Special Show show is the one exception for photography. Parents will have the opportunity to take personal photographs of their model in the American Girl® outfit following the Friday evening Special Show.
- NO food or drinks will be allowed backstage at the show or during rehearsal. Please ensure models have eaten before they arrive.
- For the Event: Parents will drop off their daughter to a member of the American Girl committee, enabling girls to prepare for the event. Parents, friends and family members get to simply enjoy the show.
- Parents are required to purchase tickets to see the show. We encourage you to make this a family affair and bring siblings, friends and grandparents to watch her walk the runway! Models do not require a ticket as they will be backstage during the show.
Guest Model Information:
You're never too young, old, or shy to be a model. Interested guests can join the fun on stage during intermission as a guest model!
- Each guest model will walk the runway during intermission as a commentator shares information about her.
- Guest models walk on stage in their favorite outfit from home with their own doll
- Guest models must purchase a ticket to attend the event as they watch the show and are not backstage.
- Parents are required to purchase tickets to see the show. We encourage you to make this a family affair and bring siblings, friends and grandparents to watch her walk the runway!
- Guest model applications will be accepted until March 6, 2013.
An American Girl Fashion Show doll t-shirt to keep will be provided to Models and Guest Models. A matching t-shirt for Models and Guest Models to wear and match their doll can be purchased, Pre-order your American Girl t-shirt here!
Model Challenge: We invite Models and Guest Models to help make a difference in our community through the Model Challenge program. Encourage family, friends, and neighbors to support your walk down the runway by giving a donation. We reward your hard work with prizes at each level of donations raised with the ultimate prize being the 2013 Girl of the Year Doll. Prizes will be shipped by mail following the show. Challenge details will be provided to you once your application and payment have been received.
Questions? Please review the American Girl FAQ page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.