Celebrate the magic of American Girl onstage! All shows and rehearsals will be held at the legendary Capri Theater in Minneapolis. There are two ways of participating in the show - as a model or a guest model - details can be found below. There is no tryout or selection process to be a model, we accept all registered models.
- Saturday, March 15, 2014, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, March 15, 2014, 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 15, 2014, 6 p.m. (VIP Show*)
- Sunday, March 16, 2014, 10 a.m. (Special Show*)
- Sunday, March 16, 2014, 2 p.m.
*** Please see below for difference between Model and Guest Model
Please note that the model registration fee is due at the time of your registration submission. You will receive an automated email confirmation within 24 hours of submitting the model registration form and payment.
- Model registration fee of $40 includes a souvenir American Girl Fashion Show doll t-shirt to keep and a goody bag.
- Models are typically between the ages of 5 and 12 with an emphasis on size 6X and 10.
- Models will walk in one show and are guaranteed one outfit. The registration form asks you to select your preferred show date/time.
- Models will be dressed and given matching dolls to walk the stage. Both the clothing and dolls must be returned at the end of the performance. A souvenir American Girl Fashion Show doll t-shirt to keep and a goody bag will be provided to Models.
- Models are required to attend a dress rehearsal. The outfit will be fitted and choreography learned at this point. The process takes one hour and a one-hour time slot will be assigned to you depending on your show. Rehearsals will be held Saturday, March 8, 2014 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 9, 2014 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Capri Theater.
- Models may be required to supply footwear and accessories. Due to bright stage lights, we request that girls wearing pajamas for the show also wear a slip.
- Photography and Videography Policy:
- There is NO videography allowed during rehearsal or the show per the contractual licensing agreement with the American Girl Fashion Show Program.
- There is NO flash photography during rehearsal or the show. This is for the safety of the models when they walk the stage.
- Non-flash photography is allowed.
- Each model will have the opportunity to get her picture taken by a professional photographer at the show. We guarantee individual model photos and sibling model photos with the matching doll. Due to limited time, friend photos cannot be guaranteed.
- NO food or drinks will be allowed backstage at the show or during rehearsal. Please ensure models have eaten before they arrive.
- For the show, parents will drop off their daughter to a member of the American Girl committee 1 hour prior to the show, enabling girls to prepare for the event. Parents, friends and family members get to simply enjoy the show.
- All attendees are required to purchase tickets to see the show. We encourage you to make this a family affair and bring siblings, friends and grandparents to watch her walk the runway! Models do not require a ticket as they will be backstage during the show.
Guest Model Information:
You're never too young, old, or shy to be a model. Interested guests can join the fun on stage during intermission as a guest model!
- Guest model registration fee of $15 includes a souvenir American Girl Fashion Show doll t-shirt to keep and a goody bag.
- Each guest model will walk the stage during intermission as a commentator shares information about her.
- Guest models walk on stage in their favorite outfit from home with their own doll.
- Guest models must purchase a ticket to attend the event as they watch the show from the audience and are not backstage.
- All attendees are required to purchase tickets to see the show. We encourage you to make this a family affair and bring siblings, friends and grandparents to watch her walk the runway!
- Guest model registration forms will be accepted until March 12, 2014.
Model Challenge: We invite Models and Guest Models to help make a difference in our community through the Model Challenge program. Encourage family, friends, and neighbors to support your walk down the stage by giving a donation. We reward your hard work with prizes at each level of donations raised with the ultimate prize being the 2014 Girl of the Year Doll. Prizes will be shipped by mail 4-6 weeks following the show. Challenge details will be provided to you once your application and payment have been received.