New Members of the Junior League of Minneapolis participate in a New Member Training Program before becoming Active members of the League. These activities and courses are designed to educate new members about the JLM, the broader Minneapolis community, voluntarism and development, while also providing opportunities to socialize with other new and Active members.
New Member Year
The New Member Training Program will occur from September through May (similar to a school year).
- training events/courses focused on JLM history, structure, leadership skills and volunteer skills
- experiential training to organize, plan and execute a large-scale family friendly community event
- socials across new members and active members
- membership meetings across new members and active members
- fundraising and community shifts across the JLM
On average you can expect to attend 3-3 hour shifts/meetings a month
- 1 membership meeting
- 1 community or fundraising shift
- 1 New Member Training program event/training