The SHOP, SAVE, SHARE (SSS) Card is a discount card sold by the Junior League of Minneapolis (JLM) which shoppers can purchase and use for 14 days - Monday, October 24, 2016, through Sunday, November 6, 2016 - at participating businesses and receive a 20 percent discount on their purchases. All proceeds from the sale of the card go to the JLM.
How does it work?
Individual shoppers purchase a SSS Card for $40, which they can use as many times as they wish at participating businesses from Monday, October 24, 2016, through Sunday, November 6, 2016. Businesses agree to provide a 20 percent discount off merchandise during this time.
Who benefits from the program?
- Businesses: Benefit from free marketing initiatives, directed specifically at JLM membership and the local community.
- Junior League of Minneapolis: The JLM receives all proceeds from the sale of the card.
- Shoppers: Save money and support important programs that benefit the communities in which they live.
- Community Partners: Proceeds from the sale of the card fund many JLM projects throughout the Twin Cities, including: Backpack Buddies, Between the Lines, Helping Hands, H.O.M.E.S and a variety of training programs that directly help the community.
See how your contributions impact our community:
- $25 provides food for one weekend to 8 needy children who are receiving their only weekend nutrition through food provided by Backpack Buddies.
- $90 supplies a classroom of Backpacks filled with food for the weekend.
- $100 makes it possible for our Helping Hands program to assist other local nonprofits by buying supplies and lending trained volunteers to their efforts when needed.
- $500 allows our Between the Lines program to buy books for children who do not have a parent to read to them on a consistent basis.