February 29, 2020
You will have access to your station to begin prep at 5 p.m. Doors open to the public at 7 p.m. Serving concludes at 10 p.m. or until food runs out, whichever comes first.
Warners’ Stellian Showroom: 3533 W 70th St, Edina, MN 55435
- Chef entry is free; as a participant you are graciously donating your time.
- Tickets for guests are $55 per person and include the tasting of all foods and beverages (wine/beer)
Red Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Vegetarian
WISH LIST CATEGORIES
Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-Free
Please fill out the registration form HERE, and send your contact information to Ashley at email@example.com. Please also email with any questions, comments or suggestions. Thank you for your interest and support of JLM’s Men in the Kitchen.
- You will need to bring your own cookware and cooking utensils.
- Chef Participants will be provided:
- $200 to assist with the purchase of ingredients for your dish.
- Access to full-size refrigerator, freezer unit and dishwasher; may have to share with other volunteer chefs.
- Serving utensils
- Special grilling attachments / accessories upon advanced request (No later than January 20th).
- Heating equipment is limited; please prepare as much food as possible before arriving to eliminate strain.
- Portioning is limited to a bite size (i.e. a single mouth full). Portions should not exceed a single fork/spoon capacity. Additional details will be discussed during registration; however, assistance is available for detailed menu planning, portion sizing, and/or budgeting.
- Example: 1 pound (lb) of raw, lean steak should serve 32 people. If you serve the steak with additional ingredients (i.e. a piece of diced potato or a topping), 1 lb could extend to 40 portions.
- Example: one jumbo shrimp, halved, serves 2 people. One medium shrimp is a single serving.
- Example: if serving a soup/liquid, portions including garnish are not to exceed 2 fl. oz. (shot glass).
- Attractiveness of dishes are certainly an important detail, however, keep garnishing to a minimum unless they add value to the flavor. All components must assemble in a one-bite swipe effort.
- Please be prepared to answer questions regarding your creation and its ingredients. Attendees may have concerns regarding allergies/dietary restrictions.
- Encourage family/friends to attend. Tickets are $55 per person.
- The chef with the most votes will be crowned fan favorite and winner of JLM’s 2020 Men in the Kitchen.
- All proceeds support the JLM’s mission driven community projects while also promoting voluntarism and developing the potential of women in leadership roles.
Equipment will be pre-assigned. Participation as a cook is limited, so sign up TODAY!
We encourage a test-run early in the planning process to help you understand portioning, as foods tend to shrink and change properties.
Thank you in advance for all your hard work – we are excited to taste your creations!