The SHOP, SAVE, SHARE (SSS) Card is a discount shopping card sold by the Junior League of Minneapolis (JLM). This year, Shop, Save, Share is being rolled into the Mall of America’s Shop with Kindness program. Shoppers can purchase the card and use it for 15 days – Monday, October 23 to Monday, November 6, 2017 – at participating businesses at Mall of America and at The Container Store, Edina.
Shoppers will receive a 20 percent discount* on their purchases. All proceeds from the sale of the card go to the JLM.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Individual shoppers purchase a discount shopping card for $40, which they can use as many times as they wish at participating businesses between Monday, October 23 and Monday, November 6, 2017. Businesses agree to provide a 20 percent discount* off merchandise during this time.
*Discounts offered may vary among MOA retailers.
WHO BENEFITS FROM THE PROGRAM?
Businesses: Benefit from free marketing initiatives, directed specifically at JLM membership and the local community.
Junior League of Minneapolis: The JLM receives all proceeds from the sale of the card.
Shoppers: Save money and support important programs that benefit the communities in which they live.
Community Partners: Proceeds from the sale of the card fund many JLM projects throughout the Twin Cities, including: 30 Million Words, Backpack Buddies, Between the Lines, Helping Hands, H.O.M.E.S. and a variety of training programs that directly help the community.
SEE HOW YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS IMPACT OUR COMMUNITY:
- $40 provides a weekend of food, through our Backpack Buddies program, to approximately 12 children who rely on free and reduced lunch programs during the school week.
- $40 provides five children with books to take home from our 30 Million Words’ book parties. It also provides supplies for activities to help students comprehend these books.
- $90 supplies a classroom of Backpacks filled with food for the weekend.
- $100 makes it possible for our Helping Hands program to assist other local nonprofits by buying supplies and lending trained volunteers to their efforts when needed.
- $500 allows our Between the Lines program to connect children and their incarcerated caregivers through the love of reading. Your donation provides a book and a recording of that book by the loved one to children who do not have a parent to read them on a consistent basis.