The Clothes Line Pop-Up
In the 1950s, several women from the Junior League of Minneapolis ways and means committee wanted to raise $5,000 for cerebral palsy. They liked the idea of repurposing items and clothing. Thus, The Clothes Line was born.
The JLM ran the store with a few paid staff but mostly volunteers for 50 years. It was a community service project for the League as well as a fundraiser. The store helped families in need if they needed emergency assistance due to a fire, helped to clothe men getting out of prison, helped refugee families, held toy sales over the holidays, helped women dress for success and invited people we served through various projects to shop with vouchers.
The Clothes Line raised more than $3.5 million as a fundraiser while also serving the people in our community.
2023 Pop-Up Event
In honor of the 100th Anniversary, we are bringing The Clothes Line back with a pop-up weekend sale in September 2023. Proceeds will directly benefit past and current Junior League of Minneapolis projects. Stay tuned for event details!
What We Accept
The Clothes Line pop-up accepts new and gently used clothing and household items.
Unfortunately, we do not accept cribs, mattresses, car seats, computers, large appliances, or electronics.
- Clothing: women’s, men’s and children’s
- Accessories: jewelry, watches, hats, purses, shape wear, gloves, scarves, shoes, boots, etc.
- Furniture: chairs, tables, desks, dressers, nightstands, patio furniture, etc.
- Books: cookbooks, fiction, self help, mysteries, etc.
- Craft supplies: fabric, yarn, gift bags, ribbon, etc.
- Home goods: plates, glasses, utensils, silverware, sheets, towels, linens, lamps, home decor, bedding, candles etc.
- Holiday items: Valentine’s, Easter, fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.
- Antiques: collectibles, fine China, crystal
- Toys, games and sports equipment
We are currently accepting donations.
Current JLM Members: Log in to your member account for donation sites and contacts.
Friends of the JLM: To schedule a time for donation drop-off, please contact email@example.com.
Junior League of Minneapolis, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
Federal ID # 410713906
Women committed to promoting volunteerism and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.